It was in 2010 when a failed suicide bomber blew himself up in a automobile in central Stockholm. Years later, the final working hours of the week convey again Western world’s nightmare.
Three folks had been killed and lots of others had been injured on Friday, after a truck drove into pedestrians on Drottninggatan, a busy avenue in the central purchasing district near the town’s primary prepare station in Stockholm, Sweden.
Sweden reacts to the assault
Prime minister of Stefan Lofven stated that “Sweden is beneath assault” and suspect was detained, however Swedish police insist that no person is arrested, as a suspect’s photographs had been launched. Swedish authorities attempt to decide whether or not he had acted alone. The firm that owns the truck utilized by the attacker stated the automobile had been stolen.
A handout picture made accessible by the Swedish Police exhibiting a person that’s wished in reference to the truck incident that killed and injured a number of folks in Stockholm, Sweden, 07 April 2017. EPA/SWEDISH POLICE
The incident, handled as a terrorist assault passed off 100 meters from the Indian Embassy. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemned the assault: “My ideas are with the households of the deceased and prayers with these injured. India stands firmly with the folks of Sweden in this hour of grief.”
Indian Ambassador to Sweden Monika Mohta advised ANI that she noticed two folks mendacity on the road, “heard loud noises” and noticed three others injured.
Emergency companies work on the scene the place a truck reportedly crashed into a division retailer in central Stockholm, Sweden, 07 April 2017. EPA/FREDRIK SANDBERG
EU leaders condemn terror
My coronary heart is in #Stockholm this afternoon. My ideas are with the victims and their households and associates of at present’s horrible assault.
— Donald Tusk (@eucopresident) April 7, 2017
Donald Tusk President of the EU Council has condemned the assaults, saying in a tweet that “my coronary heart is in Stockholm this afternoon. My ideas are with the victims and their households and associates of at present’s horrible assault.”
— Jean-Claude Juncker (@JunckerEU) April 7, 2017
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker acknowledged that “an assault on any of our member states is an assault on us all” and that Sweden can depend on EU assist. Stockholm is “one in all Europe’s most vibrant and colourful cities seems to have been struck by these wishing it – and our very lifestyle – hurt.”
German chancellor Angela Merkel’s spokesman stated that the German authorities’s ideas are “with the folks in Stockholm, the injured, the relations, first responders, and police.”
- Flipkart- Buy Toy House Baby Premium High Chair for Rs 3149 - June 26, 2017
- Flipkart- Buy Wrangler, Lee Jeans at Minimum 70% Discount - June 26, 2017
- Flipkart- Buy Raymond Blazer at Minimum 50% off - June 26, 2017
- Flipkart- Buy Dream On Me Jackson Highchair In Lime (Green) for Rs 3650 - June 26, 2017
- Flipkart- Buy Chicco Easy Sleep Playard Cot (Green) for Rs 4494 - June 26, 2017
- Flipkart- Buy LuvLap Elegant Baby Stroller for Rs 2881 - June 26, 2017
- Amazon- Buy Gear Backpacks and Luggage at Minimum 50% off - June 26, 2017
- Flipkart- Buy Swiss Military Cabin Luggage – 20 inch for Rs 2498 - June 26, 2017
- Amazon- Buy Nayasa Strong Stool for Rs 199 - June 26, 2017
- Amazon – Buy Miamour Thermoplastic Suction Basket, Small at Rs.239 only - June 26, 2017